Update May 21, 2010
Exactly!!! To Pres. Calderon, Your country gains $20 Billion a year from Mexican Illegals that come to the US to work and bring our money back into your country. Stop propping up your economy on our backs to our detriment. If you want to tell us what to do, obey our immigration laws and become an American citizen, otherwise be quiet.
Rep. Tom McClintock talks to Calderon – ePluribus Unum
Empowering the Slave Class: Astounding Facts About Illegals http://www.infowars.com
Infowars | Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
From the L. A. Times
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10.. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3..9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County . )
(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens
Update May 20, 2010
Didn’t you love it this week when Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Director Janet Napolitano, both of whom have voiced dissaproval and opposition to the AZ ILLEGAL Immigration Act, were caught with their pants down?
Attorney General Holder, did you read the bill? “Um no my staff has but I haven’t had the opportunity to read (all 10 pages) of it yet.” This was after it had been made public for over 10 days. Must be a busy, busy man. Too busy to read what he opposes. He has time to file briefs and complaints against the state legislation, but not to read it.
Director Napolitano, have you read the AZ law? “No, no, but I’m familiar with its contents.” How does she do that? Become familiar with the contents of a document without reading it? Amazing, she’s so far ahead of the rest of us.
Maybe she held a copy of it in her hands and became familiar with it without having to read it.
Just because she’s the Director of Homeland Security, and this bill addresses matters of national security against powerful drug cartels, terrorists, and murderous criminals sneaking across our nation’s borders, heck that doesn’t mean she should be concerned with it, does it? No, not her problem. She’s got more important things to worry about.
Update: I found this link on a friend’s FB page: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf It’s all about how to become a LEGAL Immigrant.
Aside from the fact that the Fed Gov has, for decades, shrunk from doing its Constitutionally-invoked duty of defending our borders, there is good information out there from the Feds about coming into our country legally through the front door.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive discussion of the AZ Immigration Reform Law, SB1070. You happen to be on my blog (thank you! 🙂 ) so it’s my opinion supported by many FACTS I have gathered, as well as opinions gleaned from FaceBook.
“Come here legally…..and America will embrace you” This is a quote from one of my FB friends and I concur wholeheartedly.
We are all Immigrants
Legal immigration, people coming in through the front door, applying for citizenship, accepting their taxpayer responsibilities, learning about what it means to be an American Citizen….this strengthens our country and enriches the fabric of our nation.
So it’s not about “Mexican hating.” Or racism. This is what it is about:
Staggering costs of harboring Illegals
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the US from the Southern border.
12. The National policy Institute estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.
13. In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
14.The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States .
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND IF YOU’RE LIKE ME, HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY; IT IS $338,300,000,000.00 WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY.
Where is the Fed Gov to Protect our International Borders?
The Fed gov is supposed to protect our international borders? Clearly they have failed for years (way before Obama). Lately, they have been distracted by their socialistic policy making in Washington, rather than dealing with real problems like our failed immigration system. Obama is going to ignore it, or call it “misguided,” and make a push for amnesty again. This is only because The Dems know they must clutch at every vote they can get in November. They desperately need the Hispanic vote in AZ, TX and CA.
One FB friend puts it succinctly, “The Dems are counting on 20 million instant votes to support the liberal democratic agenda. They are a bunch of hypocrites. Make villians of us Tea Party supporters, but these protestors can vandalize govt. offices and it’s justified for their cause?”
“And for this Administration to side with those who have broken the very laws that they swore to uphold is absurd. Federal govt. attacking a State Govt. for protecting it’s people? Their first responsibility!!”
Janet Napolitano has said that the Arizona law may stretch the Federal Budget. Really? So free healthcare, bank bailouts, auto company bailouts and $12 trillion in debt doesn’t affect it? But sending illegal Mexican criminals packing will? And dear Janet, please read the 14 facts costs outlined above.
One in five people in AZ prisons is an illegal Mexican alien. I don’t think they deserve the title “immigrants” That spits in the face of millions of American immigrants who have come here the right way. Giving these illegal criminals a pass is just wrong.
Only here to Work?
Did you see the horrifying news report on AZ news? Just yesteray. http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/04/30/20100430pinal-county-officer-shooting.html
“A Pinal County Sheriff’s deputy was shot in the stomach Friday by an undocumented immigrant off Interstate 8, according sheriff’s officials.”
Wait….I was told the poor illegal Mexican aliens all came here to do the jobs Americans won’t do? Not to shoot our brave police officers? That doesn’t fit.
Rasmussen Raports give us these stats:
Arizonans consistently have been critical of the U.S. government’s failure to secure the border with Mexico, and that anxiety has increased with growing drug violence along the border.
While many in Washington, D.C. view immigration reform as a way to legalize the 10 million or more illegal immigrants in the country, 73% of voters in Arizona now say gaining control of the border is more important than legalizing the status of these undocumented workers.
In July of last year, 51% of Arizona voters said it is more important for Congress to pass immigration reform than health care reform. (Obama and Congress, ARE YOU LISTENING? apparently not.)
That view is shared by voters nationwide and has been for several years.
Eighty-four percent (84%) of Arizona Republicans and 69% of voters not affiliated with either major party in the state favor the new get-tough legislation. Democrats are more closely divided: 51% like the new law, but 43% oppose it.
Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats and 57% of unaffiliateds are concerned that the law may lead to possible civil rights violations against U.S. citizens. Fifty-four percent (54%) of Republicans are not very or not at all concerned about this.
Not just AZ, other SW States are Plagued too
A FB friend in Texas says “We have so many illegals here it’s not even funny.They enjoy draining the heck out of us taxpayers, but refuse to get legalized. I am ready for the fight, and I hope the rest of the state is also. We need our Governor to act fast on this.”
Another FB friend says “Well I happen to be from San Antonio. And I know the illegal immigration problem is horrible here. My concern is not a racial concern obviously because I am black and have some mexican heritage in my family.”
“My concern is for all the hundreds of thousands of Mexicans who are trying to go the legal way but are unable to because the process is not clear enough. I mean in both Arizona and even here in Texas illegal immigrants and American citizens are taking advantage of immigrants who don’t understand the process. They are taking there money and selling their daughters for sex and the President and anyone else who is criticizing Arizona hasn’t done a thing about it.”
She continues “If anything the Black Conservative will once again make his voice known in this country. Not only that I predict that Hispanic Conservatives will rise up. People don’t leave socialist countries to move here for socialism. They move here for freedom. And what bothers me is that even the President himself can’t come to terms with the fact that he is just as double-minded as the next guy. Obama is a puppet in the Democrats game to gain control of this nation. And when they are finished with him or the moment he doesn’t do something the way they want him too you will see the true Conservative Black Man in this country rise.”
Rise up Conservative America!
And from yet another FB post: “…we must encourage our black conservative brothers and sisters that have remained silent to speak out against this regime and its policies of hate, division and repression. We must show the government that because your skin is different than mine, it doesn’t mean an automatic vote for Liberals. It far transcends race. The very country we live in is at stake. For all the good and bad things that the United States has done, it is still the shining beacon on the hill of freedom. At least for now.”